Monday, September 22, 2008

FoRtY YeARs ago ToDaY was a vEry SpeCial DaY

The day a new Yellow Rose bloomed in Texas......Happy Birthday to you Denise...Hard to believe the Baby turned forty. What a joy it was bringing you home, having three others that wanted Mom's attention, because back then they kept us in the hospital for three days...Well darling daughter you learned fast not to tick of you sisters and brother, so you slept all night the first night home and every night after. I do remember your brothers reaction to you was "It's OK Mom if she has no teeth"
I really don't know where the years went, but they were truly fun! The way you were so good your first night home was the way you grew up. But...and there always is a "But" I hear in you adult years you sometimes have been known to get a little wild at parties and show of how you can do the splits. :) That OK, just please do not sing...
We love you!
Have a wonderful day and year.
Mom and Dad

3 comments:

Nan's Happenings said...

I just want to say I do know how to spell off ...I noticed I left off one f twice... I always notice the mistakes after i publish it....sry

Denise said...

Mom, I can't believe I'm 40 either!!! I remember when you turned 40. Wendy and I baked you a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and she bought those sugar letters and spelled out Happy Big 40 Mom and the letters were blue. I didn't feel good and that night you ended up taking me to the emergency room at Pete Field and I had an ear infection. I have a pretty good memory...huh? Thanks for the birthday wishes Mom.... xoxo love you and the crazy old man!

Diana said...

Thats too funny about her sleeping through the night as she is still a SLEEPER..Never met anyone who needs a good 12 hours rest like her:)
You have a wonderful daughter who I am so lucky to have as a FRIEND!!